La Grande Dégustation de Montréal 2018 Edition: Liquid Pleasures
La Grande Dégustation de Montréal 2018 Edition is a unique event where nearly 200 winemakers, distillers and brewers gather to share their passion with over 13,000 wine, beer and spirits enthusiasts and connoisseurs in a special moment. At the forefront of a thriving industry, the event allows Quebecers to interact with producers from around the world, in addition to offering an incomparable tasting experience. In 2018, Italy, pinot gris and gins will be put forward! ! La Grande Dégustation de Montréal is organized by the Quebec Association of Wine, Beer and Spirits Agencies and co-presented by the Société des alcools du Québec.
La Grande Dégustation de Montréal 2018 Edition: On November 2nd and 3rd it’s the largest wine gathering in Eastern Canada
Conferences and animations at La Grande Dégustation de Montréal 2018 Edition
La Grande Dégustation de Montréal 2018 Edition offers conferences and fun and educational events that will delight you, lovers of discovery and connoisseurs. Conferences and animations take place on the show in rooms 1 and 2, in the Salon Chacun son Vin and in the Jardin. Tickets are on sale at the Animation Box Office, located at the entrance, 30 minutes before each event. All conferences and events are priced at 6 coupons per person.
Organized several times during the event, to give you the chance to participate, they feature 6 star producers, each with 6 minutes to discover their flagship product in small groups of 6 people. It is for you, dear liquids lovers, the opportunity to enjoy a privileged contact with the producers to learn more about their products and their present fields.
Depending on the themes celebrated each year, various conferences are offered to visitors to perfect their knowledge of the world of wines, beers and spirits. All events are priced at 8 coupons per person, except for Bolgheri wines (24 coupons per person). Registration is done at the box office animations located at the entrance of the show, the day of the activity. Depending on the origin of the producers and speakers, the animations can take place in French and / or in English. To consult here.
The Pompelma, the official cocktail of La Grande Dégustation de Montréal 2018 Edition
Imagined by specialists at Alambika (now on St-Laurent at the corner of Beaubien), La Pompelma is the official cocktail of La Grande Dégustation de Montréal and is a delicious combination of flavors associated with freshness, gin and Italy !
- 0.5oz (15ml) Gin (Local ideally like Romeo’s Gin for example)
- 1 oz (30ml) Prosyro Grapefruit Rose
- 3 oz (90ml) Italian sparkling wine (Prosecco like Fiol)
- 1-2 strokes (1-2ml) Ms Better’s Bitters Cucumber Bitter
- 1 (1 x) Amarena Filthy’s Italian Black Cherry
- (Option) Basil leaves
- In a wine cup, gently place a cherry in the bottom;
- Fill with ice and add gin, syrup and bitters;
- Top with the sparkling wine and mix with a bar spoon, going up from bottom to top to mix the syrup (more dense);
- Garnish with some basil leaves (optional)
The 10 finalists of the annual list of La Grande Dégustation de Montréal 2018 Edition
Here are the 10 finalists of the 2018 edition, which is devoted to two varieties of pinots, grays and grigios. 5 pinots gris and 5 pinots grigio were blind selected by a jury of experts. The difference between the two? the first is round, long in the mouth, we also make late harvests that are found mainly in France and is famous, among others, great wines of Alsace, and in some other countries such as New Zealand, Argentina, Canada, Chile and Italy while the latter often associated with Italy, but it is also found in other countries as well as in sparkling or rosé version, it is drier and acidic . So it’s not just a translation.
The jury, made up of 28 professionals from the wine sector, came together to taste pinots gris and grigio from around ten countries. “I believe that the quality of the wines selected by the jury will allow consumers to revisit this category with enthusiasm,” commented Michelle Bouffard, president of the jury of the Palmarès 2018.
The first three finalists in each category will meet in the SAQ’s cellar space in the year 2019.
LIST OF THE 10 FINALISTS OF THE 2018 PALMARÈS
Category Pinot gris
- Domaines Schlumberger Pinot Gris Kitterle AOC Alsace Grand Cru 2013, France, Alsace, 13.50% alc. 100% Pinot Gris.
Represented by Selections Oeno
- J Vineyards Pinot Gris 2017, United States, California, 13.50% alc. 100% Pinot Gris.
Represented by Ernest & Julio Gallo Winery / This producer is at the 2018 Montreal Grand Tasting at booth E01.
- Vignoble des 2 Moons Pinot Gris Selenite AOP Alsace 2016, France, Alsace, 14% alc. 100% Pinot Gris.
Represented by Wine True
- MacMurray Estate Vineyards Pinot Gris Russian River Valley 2017, United States, California, 14.70% alc. 100% Pinot Gris.
Represented by Ernest & Julio Gallo Winery
- Maison Pierre Sparr Successors Pinot Gris Limestone AOC Alsace 2015, France, Alsace, 13% alc. 100% Pinot Gris.
Represented by Robert Peides
Category Pinot Grigio
- Astoria Alisia Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie DOC 2017, Italy, Veneto, 12.50% alc. 100% Pinot Grigio.
Represented by Oeno Selections / This producer is at the 2018 Montreal Grand Tasting at booth H21.
- Piera Martellozzo P.M. Pinot Grigio Terre Magre DOC Friuli 2017, Italy, Friuli Venezia Giulia, 13% alc. 100% Pinot Grigio.
Represented by Divin Paradis
- Salvaterra Pinot Grigio Tenute Salvaterra Delle Venezie DOC 2017, Italy, Veneto, 13% alc. 100% Pinot Grigio.
Represented by Le Grand Cellier
- Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio Farm DOC Delle Venezie 2017, Italy, Veneto, 13% alc. 100% Pinot Grigio.
Represented by Authentic Wines and Spirits
- Tenuta La Presa San Isidoro Pinot Grigio DOP Garda 2017, Italy, Veneto, 13% alc. 100% Pinot Grigio.
To be eligible to participate, each wine must be composed at least 85% by the variety in its category.
Buy some great wine at La Grande Dégustation de Montréal and bring it home!
This is fine discoveries, but we often want to buy the different products that we taste on the spot, although it is possible to buy on the spot, individually, some 800 bottles in private import, that you can have it delivered to your home, office or your favorite SAQ. With the holidays approaching (our magazine is coming up on November 19, subscribe!), You will certainly find a product that will make you taste buds among the many private imports offered, in a very competitive price range. variable, but hurry up, it’s in limited quantity!
Know everything with La Grande Dégustation de Montréal mobile application!
Here is a must for give you a taste of the event and plan your visit well. It is the perfect tool to record your favorites (you can also do it with the SAQ application), buy tickets, receive notifications or participate in one of the many conferences offered. In a few slips, you will be able to identify the producers, for example by types of products, themes, countries, regions or representation agencies. It’s easy as everything and essential! To download here!
[Spacer height = “20px”]
A must for the after La Grande Dégustation de Montréal : The Accompaniment Service
You all know, we drink a little, and just a glass of too much and we exceeded the limit. No question of taking the car because POINT ZERO 8 offers all visitors a free ride service up to $ 40 (you pay the excess). it’s not a traditional taxi service, but a ride service for your own vehicle. But the best option is public transportation.
[Spacer height = “20px”]
- Friday, November 2nd, 3pm to 9pmSaturday,
- November 3rd, 1pm to 9pm
- Thursday, November 1st, 12am to 4.30pm – Registration mandatory
ENTRY TICKETS AND TASTING NOTES
- Costs Individual admission ticket: $ 18 (in presale: $ 15)
- Tasting Coupons (for sale on site only): $ 1 per coupon. Ticket price includes a tasting glass. Tastings are at various prices and payable in tasting coupons.
[Spacer height = “20px”]
** La Grande Dégustation de Montréal 2018 Edition takes place at Place Bonaventure. Access by public transit is via the Bonaventure metro station. **
Have a great La Grande Dégustation de Montréal!
Visit their website here for more details!