The Christmas menu by Chef Grégory Faye
As the holiday season comes up, we asked chef Grégory Faye, formerly of W Montréal, now at the Hôtel Place d’Armes’s Brasserie 701, to make us the Christmas menu mixing French and Québec traditions, tasks to which he lent himself with joy.
Being until recently the Executive Chef of W Montreal, Chef Grégory Faye’s career is astonishing. He opened l’Atelier Joel Robuchon’s and the Ritz-Carlton’s Maison Boulud in Montreal, two of Montreal’s best restaurants. Before being in Montreal, he was part of the renowned restaurant team at the Four Seasons Hotel George V in Paris. Trained as a butcher, he studied at Ferrandi Paris, the French school of gastronomy and hotel management. Having discovered Grégory by Peter Chase of bpc, former manager of the W Montreal restaurants, we interviewed him at the launch of the restaurant Nom Nom, which has replaced the EAT – Being With You.
The Christmas menu by Chef Grégory Faye for 6 persons
Having developed a friendship since that time with Grégory, it was normal for me to trust him to develop our Christmas menu. It is with pleasure that we present you this beautiful menu in 5 time. Here is his menu.
- Oysters, mignonette, watercress and caviar – pairing with Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte exclusive reserve brut
- King Crab, mayonnaise, fresh herbs, blood orange vinaigrette pairing with Chablis Domaine Séguinot-Bordet 2017
- Half-cooked foie gras in terrine, apple chutney brioche toast pairing with Bolla Le Origini Amarone della Valpolicella 2009
- Quebec duck breast, potatoes stuffed with mushrooms and au gratin au Louis d’or with Osoyoos Larose Grand Vin
- Chocolate and Nespresso Log paired with Grey Goose Espresso Martini
- Grey Goose Espresso Martini
Happy Holidays to all!