King Crab, mayonnaise, fresh herbs, blood orange vinaigrette by chef Gregory Faye
14:55 updated on 26 December 2019 13:47
- 1 peeled celeriac and lemoned
- 1 branch of celery
- 300g of King krab from Alaska or crab from Gaspésie hulled
- 12 fresh blood oranges
- 10 g of lemon vinegar
- 10 g of orange oil
- Timut pepper
- 10 g of olive oil
- 1 liter of milk at 3.25% (Organic Natrel is suggested)
- 20g of fresh ginger
- 40g of mayonnaise
- 10 g chopped chives
- 1 Bay leaf
Preparation of the King Crab, mayonnaise, fresh herbs, blood orange vinaigrette by chef Gregory Faye
- Cut the celeriac into a rectangle 5 cm wide and 8 cm long, the height does not matter.
- In the Japanese mandolin, cut 18 slices in the rectangle, thickness 4 mm.
- Heat the milk 3.25% with the bay leaf and a pinch of salt, poach the strips of celery for 1 to 2 minutes
- Drain and cool
- You can keep the milk for another use
- Cut 30 grams of celery stalks, boil them in salted water with baking soda.
- Bake 1 minute, cool in ice water
- Peel a blood orange, remove the segments, dice and reserve
- Peel 1 blood orange to remove the skin without the white, cut into small dice and blanch in 5 different boiling water, reserve.
- In a juice press, pass the rest of the celery stalks, reserve the light yellow and green leaves for the final dressage.
- Add ginger and reserve
- Mix all the elements: crab, mayonnaise, chopped chives, blood orange flesh, dices of orange peel, cubes of celery stalks.
- Spread the celery strips, and stuff with the crab mixture. Roll and set aside.
- Squeeze the remaining blood orange, reduce to ice, add lemon vinegar, orange oil and set aside.
- For the assembly, put the celery broth, season with celery salt, in a verrine
- To the net surface pour, a few drops of a good olive oil
- On a plate arrange 3 rolls of crab-celery
- Saucer with the vinaigrette and finish with a round of timothy pepper mill, put the celery leaves yellow (iced)