Fridge Cookies: A Classic Christmas Recipe
While many of us celebrate Christmas this evening, here is a quick recipe to make for a last minute treat as a host or hostess gift. This recipe of fridge cookies is a tradition of my youth, it is a dessert made by my paternal grandmother, who sadly passed away few years ago, transmitted to my mother, and I allow myself to transmit it to you in my turn. I hope you like it, it’s a real delight for the sweet teeth above us.
The Fridge Cookies: A Classic ChristmasRecipe
The Ingredients for the fridge cookies recipe
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tablespoon of soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup drained green maraschino cherries *
- ¼ cup drained red maraschino cherries *
The Preparation of the fridge cookies recipe
- Cream butter in medium-sized hen bowl
- Mix with sugar, brown sugar and egg until soft biscuit dough
- Add and mix flour, soda and salt
- Add the cherries and mix by hand to distribute them well
- Make two rolls in waxed paper and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Heat oven to 375 ℃
- Cut into half-centimeter slices
- Put on a plate covered with waxed paper
- Heat for 10 minutes and enjoy
* The cherries can be replaced by almonds or coconut to vary the recipes, it will taste different but will also be very good.
Here is a little delight that will certainly make people happy for the people who will receive them (and maybe you too and your sweet tooth). Try them with a Nespresso coffee near the fire!
Happy holidays to all of our readers. Be careful and have fun! Do not hesitate to share your recipes and memories with us at Gentologie with the hashtag #gentologie.