Le Gent, our signature cocktail by Jérôme Laflamme
Combining the flavors of the Scandinavian countries and our new positioning was certainly not an easy task for Gentologie Magazine. Our house mixologist, Jérôme Laflamme, mixologist at Distillerie no. 2, has successfully achieve the task and with local products, the Valkyrie Aquavit from Maison Sivo and Dandy Sloe Gin made from plums from Domaine Lafrance. Here is Le Gent
The ingredients to successfully made Le Gent cocktail:
- 1 1/2 oz d’Aquavit Valkyrie de la Maison Sivo (Manu Ruiz tell you what is Aquavit after the recipe)
- 1/2 oz of Dandy Sloe Gin from Domaine Lafrance
- 1/4 oz of lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 2 oz of beetroot shrub
- Sprig of thyme (decoration)
Recipe preparation to make the Le Gent cocktail perfectly :
- In a shaker without ice
- Put all the ingredients except the ice Stir well for 25-30 seconds
- Add ice in the shaker over all the ingredientsStir well for 25-30 seconds
- Pour it into a Sour cocktail glass from the Riedel Bar collection.
- Decorate with a sprig of thyme
- Manu Ruiz, Sivo brand ambassador
- Domaine Lafrance
- Vinum Design for the Sour cocktail glass from the Riedel Bar collection
- Cosentino City Montréal, notre lieu de tournage
What is the Aquavit by Manu Ruiz:
Interview by Normand Boulanger
First, what are the origins of Aquavit?
Origins are Scandinavian. It is in a way the Scandinavian cousin of gin.
How is the Aquavit made?
Generally based on cereal, it is a neutral alcohol that will be distilled with seeds of caraway and dill among others. There follow several other herbs to choose from, for example coriander seed, fennel or cinnamon.
What are the particularities of Maison Sivo’s Aquavit?
For starters, it’s made in Quebec! She still has the classic notes of Aquavit. It is very persistent in taste and aroma. Wonderful in cocktail!
Other Sivo products to suggest for fall?
For the fall, I suggest our raspberry eau-de-vie, comforting and fresh. It allows us to remember a little summer with its raspberry taste of the beginning of the season.
Otherwise our Single Malt Whiskey with Sauternes cask finish, a delight!