The Cioccolato Negroni by Jérôme Laflamme.
While the Negroni week is taking place until June 30, here is the The Cioccolato Negroni by Jérome Laflamme to pay homage to the 100 years of this cocktail.
For 1 person
Ingredients for the Cioccolato Negroni:
- 1 oz Campari
- 1oz of romeo’s gin
- 1oz of Riserva Speciale Rubino Vermouth di Torino de Martini & Rossi*
- 1,5 oz of J.Gasco Chinotto
- Grated 70% Chocolate (decoration)
- Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass (we love the Yarai Grand Fatsu of our friends at Alambika) filled with ice.
- Turn about 30 turns to cool everything down.
- Put a big ice cream or a big piece of ice in a glass (we chose the Old Fashioned Yarai glass 210 ml of our friends from Alambika)
- Pour the whole thing into the glass and sprinkle with a piece of chocolate with the microplane. Quantity is your choice.
- Serve with an assortment of Italian cold cuts
* The latter will arrive in SAQ in a few months, but is available for private importation from Bacardi Canada.
The Negroni Week 2019
This year marks, as we told you above and as you can see in the video, the 100th anniversary of the creation of the Negroni cocktail (Campari, gin and red vermouth). With a pleasantly bitter-sweet note of intense orange and balanced with unique notes of herbs and roots, the classic Negroni cocktail can not exist without the ingredient par excellence: the Campari. The event takes place in 650 bars and restaurants across Canada and more than 135 bars in Quebec only like le Coldroom, El Pequeño,Jacopo (a superb restaurant where the launch was held in Montreal), Henri Brasserie Française and Le 4e mur. It is also an event that takes place all over the planet. For each Negroni-based cocktail sold, the participating establishments will donate a portion of the proceeds to a charity. In 2018, the Negroni week raised more than $ 17,000 and 616 institutions participated in Canada. The complete list of participating establishments is here, and you can find them according to your different cities.
Campari has also done wonderful film for the 100th anniversary of Negroni that you can see below.