National Tequila Day 2022 : How to Celebrate
While we are both feet in the summer and many are on vacation, this National Tequila Day 2022 is coming just in time. For the occasion, here are some recipes that will certainly make you have a great day of summer and will certainly make you rediscover Tequila.
Mix Tequila Espolon and Grand Marnier for National Tequila Day 2022
As we wanted to celebrate this day in style, the folks at Grand Marnier offered us delicious recipes made by Robin Goodfellow of Vela Toronto to create unique tequila-based cocktails that will be the essentials for the National Day Tequila 2022.
Platinum Margarita (Shaken – For 4)
Bringing shaken drinks back to the fore, this easy-to-make Margarita variation will impress your friends and family when you serve a drink that looks and tastes like a cocktail you find at your favourite bar. Who wouldn’t want a frothy purple margarita? In the mouth it is tangy, rich, floral and a great presence of agave.
- 3 oz. Grand Marnier
- 8 ¼ oz. Tequila Espolon Blanco infused with Malva Flowers (See Method)
- 4 oz of fresh lime juice
- 40g of sugar
- 2 oz. of egg whites
- 12 ice cubes
- For the Espolon Tequila with Malva Flowers: Put some flowers in your tequila, let it sit for a few minutes and watch your tequila take on a beautiful purple/blue colour. Strain to remove flower bits, then try your new tequila in your next cocktail
- Put all your ingredients in a shaker tin and half fill with ice.
- Mix everything well for about 30 seconds. (If your cocktail shaker is too full, split your recipe in half.)
- Pour everything into a stemmed glass.
- Garnish with Malva petals and pink salt.
Grand Margarita classic, a must for National Tequila Day 2022 (For 1 person)
This everyone-pleasing cocktail needs no introduction and can be served as is or over ice. You will find tangy, agave and orange notes for a light cocktail.
- 1 oz of Grand Marnier
- 1 ½ oz. of Espolon Blanco
- ¾ oz. of fresh lime juice
- ½ oz. of agave syrup
- Maldon salt garnish the rim of an Old Fashioned style glass
- Fill a mixing glass filled with ice (about 15–20 ice cubes)
- Add all your ingredients to the glass and shake your spoon about 30 times
- Strain everything into your glass filled with ice.
- Decorate with a lime wedge
Bodega Margarita (For 1 person)
Here’s a classic Margarita, with an added naturopathic element from marshmallow roots. A herbal and immunostimulant cocktail. On the palate, you find tangy, herbaceous, orange notes which will give a light cocktail.
- 1 oz. of Grand Marnier
- 1 oz of Espolon Blanco
- 1/2 oz. of marshmallow roots liqueur
- ¾ oz. of fresh lime juice
- ½ oz. of Demerara Syrup (Learn more on Demerara Sugar in this article from Ricardo Magazine)
- Garnish the rim of a Margarita-style glass with salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, add all your ingredients, add ice, stir for about 30 seconds and strain into your Margarita glass.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel.
Find Tequila Espolon Blanco in SAQ
Find Tequila Espolon Blanco en LCBO
A refreshing recipe with Patrón Reposado for National Tequila Day 2022
The Patrón Reposado perfects this classic cocktail alongside refreshing grapefruit juice and sparkling water. A recipe originally published in our Gentologie Magazine Issue 10.
- 1 ½ oz Patrón Reposado
- 3 oz Fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ oz Agave syrup (1:1)
- ½ oz Fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz Sparkling water
- + Sugar and salt for rimming
- + Grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except sparkling water in a shaker tin and shake with ice to chill.
- Strain onto fresh ice in a sugar and salt-rimmed Collins glass.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
Check out more Tequila Patrón-based cocktails for National Tequila Day 2022. You can still join the Playa Patrón Experience in select cities across Canada.