Cocktail of the week: Autumn Leaves
Inspired by the Golden Hour by Basil Hayden, I wanted to take advantage of the last beautiful autumn days to present you with a delicious whisky-based cocktail. Here is the Autumn Leaves.
About the Autumn Leaves Cocktail
It was on an early weekday evening as the sun was setting that I got the idea to make this cocktail. Craving whisky, but not wanting something too strong, I decided to lengthen this delicious cocktail with Fever-Tree Ginger Beer. It also has some Aperol Spritz inspirations with its Aperol and orange decoration.
The Autumn Leaves Cocktail
Ingredients to make the Autumn Leaves (Feel free to double the quantities for a stronger cocktail)
- 1 oz of whisky (I used John Barr)
- ½ oz of Aperol Spritz
- ½ oz of Lillet
- 2-3 dashes of caramel syrup
- Fever-Tree orange spiced ginger beer
- One orange for garnish
Method to make the Autumn Leaves
- Pour all ingredients (except Fever-Tree) into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Stir vigorously for 30 seconds
- Pour into a highball glass with a long rectangular piece of clear ice.
- Top up with Fever-Tree Spiced Orange Ginger Beer to taste.
Don’t hesitate to change the whisky for a different combination. Also, the spicy orange ginger beer is very interesting in this cocktail, it goes very well with the orange decoration.
Find more delicious suggestions in our Cocktails section.
Subscribe to our newsletter “To Drink by Gentologie” to be ready for your Thursday happy hour!