Oysters, mignonette, and watercress, Acadian caviar by Chef Gregory Faye
Let’s start this Christmas menu with chef Grégory Faye with the first service, appetizer bites made of oysters, mignonnette, and watercress, Acadian caviar paired with the champagne Nicolas Feuillatte exclusive brut reserve.
Ingredients for oysters, mignonnette, and watercress, Acadian caviar recipe
24 Trésor du Large oysters of the Magdalen Island on sale at La Mer Fish Market
Ingredients for the Watercress mousse:
- 5 fresh watercress bunches
- 4 gelatins in foil
- 400 g + 150g of cream at 35% for whipped cream
- 400 g of chicken broth
- 50 g of butter
- 1 Yellow carrot cut into small cubes
- 1 white leek cut into small cubes
- ½ white onion cut into small cubes
Preparation of the watercress green:
- Wash the watercress bunches, leave the elastic and trim the green leaves of the watercress only.
- Reserve the tails.
- Boil salted water and a pinch of baking soda.
- Add the watercress heads and cook at moderate boil for 27 minutes. Drain and immerse the watercress heads in ice water (ideally with ice cubes) this will fix the
- In a saucepan, melt the 50 g of butter
- Add watercress tails and vegetable dice, sweat without staining over moderate heat for 10 minutes
- Wet with chicken broth and cream (these items must be warm before wetting), cook 10 min.
- Stir often.
- Soften the gelatin sheets and incorporate them into the cooking, simmer for 1 minute, stirring during the minute.
- Remove 100g that you book for later use
Final mix of the Oysters, mignonette, and watercress, Acadian caviar recipe
- Mix in a blender (Vitamix or Kitchen Aid) hot
- Add the green of cold cress and mix at full power
- You must get a flash green
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking
- Pour cream of watercress in a bowl with ice cream
- Add the 150 g whipped cream
- Using a maryse induce the cream of cress, gently mix
- Put aside.
- By the minute, poach cream on open oysters, some croutons of rye bread would be welcome